The Alliance Against Family Violence and Sexual Assault serves women, men, teens, and children who are survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. Services include:
- 24-Hour Crisis Hotline
- Emergency Shelter, Food (Up to 60 days.)
- 24-Hour Hospital Accompaniment
- Transitional Housing (Up to 24 months.)
- Licensed Childcare (Ages 0-5 years)
- Individual and Group Counseling (Adults and Children)
- Child Abuse Treatment (CHAT) Program
- Human Trafficking Victim Advocacy
- Domestic Violence Awareness Groups
- Teen Domestic Violence Awareness Group
- Child Sexual Assault Awareness Group (Ages 3 – 12)
- Children Affected by Domestic Violence Groups (Ages 3 – 12)
- Court Accompaniment and Legal Advocacy
- Assistance with Temporary Restraining Orders
- Employment and Housing Search and Placement
- Community Outreach
- Education and Job Skills Training
- Case Management
- Prevention & Education Workshops for Businesses and Schools
- CSUB Campus Sexual Assault Advocacy
- Self-Defense Classes
- Certified Domestic Violence Volunteer Training
- Certified Sexual Assault Volunteer Training
- Bilingual Staff (English/Spanish)
- Sexual Assault Response Team (S.A.R.T.)
The Alliance is partnering with the new Kern County Family Justice Center to help survivors of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault find services and resources in one central location. Alliance's Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Case Managers are located at the Family Justice Center building. This is the walk-in location for Alliance services and other community referrals. Counseling and other Alliance services will remain at the Alliance Outreach Center.
Alliance Walk-in and Case Management services are provided out of the Kern Family Justice Center building:
2101 Oak Street, Bakersfield, CA 93301
Walk-in Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Counseling and Community Outreach services are provided out of the Alliance Outreach Center:
1921 19th Street, Bakersfield, CA 93301
Counseling is by appointment only
If you need immediate assistance, please call our 24-hour Crisis Hotline at 661-327-1091 or toll free (800) 273-7713.
Your donation is critical to our efforts to heal sexual assault and family violence, educate the public, and create hope in our communities.
AAFVSA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law and do not represent payment for goods or services received.
AAFVSA protects our donors’ confidential information. We never sell, trade, or publish a donor's personal information.
Thank you for considering to help those that need help.