We love our volunteers and interns!
We have many volunteer opportunities for community members who are interested in donating their time to work in Alliance programs.
Volunteers may provide a variety of services based on their competence in certain areas, their professional and personal experience, and their educational background.
- Crisis intervention on the 24-hour hotline
- Sexual Assault Hospital Accompaniment (SART)
- Domestic Abuse Response Team (DART)
- Legal advocacy and court accompaniment
- Educational groups for ALLIANCE residents
- Providing information at community events
- Administrative assistance
Responsibilities for all volunteers include:
- Minimum commitment of 1 year and about 1 weekend per month (depending on the program)
- Completion of screening and background check
- Completion of 65-hour domestic violence and sexual assault crisis intervention counselor training
- Participation in continuing education
If you have further questions about volunteer opportunities with the Alliance, please email email@example.com.
We offer a competitive internship program for Master’s level MSW or MFT students at CSU Bakersfield, . We also offer the opportunity for ASW or MFT Trainees to complete their licensure hours. Interested? Contact our Intern Supervisor, Sabrina Heinze, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training is required for all new volunteers, interns, and staff.
Class space is limited to 20 total participants. Apply as soon as possible. Interview, background check, and clean drug screen is required.
Your donation is critical to our efforts to heal sexual assault and family violence, educate the public, and create hope in our communities.
AAFVSA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law and do not represent payment for goods or services received.
AAFVSA protects our donors’ confidential information. We never sell, trade, or publish a donor's personal information.
Thank you for considering to help those that need help.